Sleep is an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It helps us give our body the rest that we need. It is the way of our body to recuperate the energy expended throughout the day.
Everyone sleeps differently and, according to science, your sleep position may affect your sleep quality. Through study, it can be assumed that varying sleep positions can be better or worse for your health. There are even studies that relate the sleeping positions of humans to their personalities and mental status.
The study analyzed six sleep positions.
• Fetal Position
• The Yearner
This study has analyzed these six common sleeping positions to see how it correlated with personalities. The fetal position had been found to be the most common sleeping position amounting to 40% of the 1,000 participants of the study. People who sleep in fetal position had been found to have a personality showing toughness on the outside but softness on the inside.
The other sleeping positions were just as interesting.
• People who sleep like a log (straight body, straight arms) are associated with having a sociable and easy going personality.
• Freefall sleepers, lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, are often brash but insecure.
• Those who prefer to sleep on their side (The Yearner) are more likely to have a suspicious and cynical personality.
• Soldier sleepers, both arms pinned to your sides, are reserved.
• If you are someone who sleeps like a starfish with their back lying on the bed and both arms up then you are a good friend who is always ready to help and listen.
Just like reading your horoscope, each sleeping position’s description can be taken with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, if you do not feel comfortable sleeping, then your mood and productivity will be affected the next day. A good night’s sleep helps us to feel at peace and rejuvenated to face another day. Sleep in a manner and on a mattress that is comfortable to you.